How we handle your Personal Information
When you use our website, we will:
· not collect Personal Information without your knowledge and permission. Personal Information is collected only when you knowingly and voluntarily submit it to us (as, for example, when you contact us via e-mail, complete online registration forms or provide us with feedback). Much of our website can be accessed without the need to provide us with your Personal Information, although certain services are only available if you provide your Personal Information to us;
· not sell or disclose your Personal Information to third parties unless you have authorised us to do so; and
· take reasonable steps to protect the security of the Personal Information we collect from you.
What information is collected when you access our website
When you use our website, you provide us with the following information:
· where you have voluntarily submitted it to us, your Personal Information, including name, mailing address and email address; and
· general and statistical usage information, which is provided automatically when you access and browse our website.
How your information is used
We will hold your Personal Information in New Zealand or any other country where we have appropriate resources to do so. We will not hold your Personal Information for any longer than we are lawfully entitled to.
We may use your Personal Information and share it with our employees, associated companies, our agents and contractors, for use for the following purposes:
· to provide our service to you;
· to verify and validate users’ and order information;
· to improve the content and operation of our website;
· to keep you informed about our website and our other services;
· to undertake debt collection and credit control functions;
· to conduct surveys and market research
· for analysis of activity. This information will be processed and retained in aggregate form only; and
· for any other purpose specified when we collected the information.
How your information is protected
As well as training our staff appropriately in the handling of Personal Information, we use specialised physical and technological handling practices to protect your Personal Information from accidental or unauthorised loss, access, misuse or modification. We use the same methods to protect our own confidential information. Where possible, we limit the access to your Personal Information to those people and organisations to whom disclosure is reasonably required.
To assist us in ensuring that your Personal Information is secure, we ask that you keep confidential your user name and any passwords required to access our services. Please let us know immediately if you think any unauthorised person has access to these details.
Our website provides or may provide links to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you are leaving our website and entering another site that we do not control and for which we cannot be responsible. You should carefully review the privacy statements or policies on any other website that you visit because those privacy statements or policies will apply to your visit to that website and may be very different from our policy.
Your ability to access and change information:
You may ask to see any information we hold, or anyone holds on our behalf, about you, that is readily retrievable. You may ask us to correct any information that is incorrect.
Should you wish to access or change your registration details at any time this can be done through the 'Options/Your Profile' section in the Blackwoods Protector site. If you have any questions regarding this statement contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org